Entomology (Study of Bugs)/What kind of bug is this (1 of 2)

Question
Bug Pic #1
Bug Pic #1  

Window Sill
Window Sill  
Hello. I have two bugs that I need help identifying. I will submit them separately. I found this one on the inside of my apt, in the window area (pic attached). It was already dead. I live in an apt. complex on the first floor in Staten Island, NY. I also face the alley where the trash is picked up, although they keep it very tidy and it is picked up several times a week. I'm attaching one pic of the bug (submitting it twice, one is cropped). Sorry if it's hard to see as I already put in between tape. The other of the spot where I found it (the window is behind that mailing box). Thanks!

Answer
Dear Stephanie - I cannot be absolutely certain because the image is unclear and dark, bur my best guess is that it most likely is a nymph of a stink bug (family Pentatomidae - see http://tinyurl.com/y9ck84l for some examples); in which case it simply is an accidental intruder and nothing to worry about.
Hope this helps,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad