Entomology (Study of Bugs)/What kind of bug is this (2 of 2)

Topside Pic
Topside Pic  

Underside Pic
Underside Pic  
Hello. This is another bug that I need help identifying. I found this one on the inside of my apt, in the window area. It was already dead. I live in an apt. complex on the first floor in Staten Island, NY. I also face the alley where the trash is picked up, although they keep it very tidy and it is picked up several times a week. I'm attaching two pics of the bug one of his top side and the other of his underside. Thanks!

Dear Stephenie - This also appears to be an immature stink bug or close relative and not any pest that would set up housekeeping in your apartment. The vast majority of insect species found indoors are not going to do any harm.
Hope this helps,

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad

Will accept most questions in general entomology, including those related to medical entomology, taxonomy, ecology, arthropod surveillance, and pest management. If you are requesting a 'mystery bug' identification, PLEASE either attach an image to your question, or post an image on a web page (such as Flickr) so that I can look at it, as verbal descriptions frequently are insufficient for a definitive identification.

21 years in the U.S. Army as a medical entomologist; duties varied from surveillance of pest populations (including mosquitoes, cockroaches, ticks, and stored products pests) to conducting research on mosquito-virus ecological relationships and mosquito faunal studies. Ten years as a civilian analyst for the Department of Defense, primarily on distribution of vector-borne diseases worldwide. Limited experience on surveillance of agricultural insects in North Dakota and Indiana.

Entomological Society of America, West Virginia Entomological Society, Society for Vector Ecology, National Speleological Society, West Virginia Association for Cave Studies.

American Journal of Public Health, Contributions of the American Entomological Institute, Japanese Journal of Sanitary Zoology, Journal of Economic Entomology, Mosquito News, and Mosquito Systematics.

B.S. in entomology from North Dakota State University in 1963, M.S. in entomology from Purdue University in 1967.