Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Tiny bugs on sheets (top) look like poppy seeds

Much like Jennifer, I have two dogs and we do a great deal of walking in the parks.  We try to stay on the paths, but I have the same bugs.  They are tiny, look like poppy seeds and only with a magnifying glass can you see they have legs.  I had bed bug expert here and they are not bed bugs and no one can tell me what they are.  I live in Jackson, New Jersey and walk the local parks.
I do not have any bites and my dogs are not scratching and I brush them thoroughly after we walk.  I've had the house bombed the yard bombed and I don't know where they are coming from both dogs have also been bathed and the groomer said there is nothing on them.  I retain a top sheet on top of my bedding for issues just like this so, there was nothing beyond the top sheet, I vacuum daily they are only from what I can tell in the bed.  HELP please DEbbie   I also can not locate them on the site.

Without seeing the organisms in question, or at least an image, I cannot possibly make an educated guess. They could be virtually *anything,* and it would be irresponsible of me to suggest possibilities from such a vague description.

I would recommend taking intact specimens to a local entomologist at a museum (Liberty Science Center, perhaps?), university (Rutgers has an excellent entomology department), state department of agriculture office, County Extension Agent (Cooperative Extension Service, office usually located in the county seat), or even the public health department (vector control division will have at least one staff entomologist).  He or she can then put the animals under a microscope and give you a verdict.

What are you doing bombing the house and yard when you don't know what the organisms are (let alone whether they are truly problematic)?  You stand to do more damage than good by killing off beneficial insects that keep pest insect populations suppressed at tolerable levels.  I highly recommend you do not do this again.  First things first:  identify what is bothering you, *then* act accordingly.

I don't mean to make an example out of you, but I see this kind of mentality time and time again and it has to stop.  You are wasting money with a "nuclear" strategy when targeting specific pests is less costly and much more helpful.

I do wish you success in identifying this creature, whatever it is.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.