Entomology (Study of Bugs)/bedbugs

Question
I moved into a trailor with bedbugs, orkin sprayed but not the carpet just the edges, did not spray the window sills or any trim up high, they sprayed my couch once and my recliner once, I found 2 more in the 2 weeks before respray..another I bought 3 gallons of spray from another company and sprayed my truck and chair and couch, I need to know if I have to throw away all of my stuff I can't spray....I know they are rentless and will resurface.....please fill me in on all I don't know....thank you so much...Merilee.....

Answer
Merilee:

Chemical treatments don't work very well for bed bugs....but then how would Orkin or any major pest control company get repeat business from you?

Heat treatments are most effective, though yes, they cost more.  Then again, by the time you have had repeated visits from various exterminators doing chemical treatments....

If you are renting the trailer, or purchased it, I would think that you inherited the problem.  I would perhaps seek legal help to hold the landlord or seller liable for the cost of treatments.  Here's a blog post I did about bed bugs that you might find helpful:

http://bugeric.blogspot.com/2014/04/a-bed-bug-primer.html

Bed bugs are literally a nightmare because they are so difficult to treat, and the cost of treatment is so exorbitant.  You need to research both your legal rights and the option of heat treatment.

You have my sincerest best wishes for a good outcome.

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton