Entomology (Study of Bugs)/bites

I have bites that look like wellps with in a matter of seconds of siting on my couch but I'm the only one geting bitten. What are they and how can I stop it we have tried the bed bug spray.

Most of the time when people report bites without any direct evidence of a bug the cause turns out to be some type of allergy. Both contact and food allergies can look exactly like bug bites. See http://www.livingwithbugs.com/unknown_bug_bites.html for a list of insects and mites that bite people but please consider the possibility that this reaction is not caused by a bug bite. If the couch is new or has been treated or cleaned recently I'd suspect a contact allergy.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions in any area of entomology (study of insects, spiders, mites, ticks, and other terrestrial arthropods). Contact me about home and garden insects, insects that bite and sting, and insects that damage homes such as carpenter ants and termites.

20 years as university extension entomologist, now retired; currently publish a website about home and garden insects.

see www.livingwithbugs.com/resume.html

Ph.D. in Entomology