Entomology (Study of Bugs)/bites

Question
I have bites that look like wellps with in a matter of seconds of siting on my couch but I'm the only one geting bitten. What are they and how can I stop it we have tried the bed bug spray.

Answer
Roberta,

Most of the time when people report bites without any direct evidence of a bug the cause turns out to be some type of allergy. Both contact and food allergies can look exactly like bug bites. See http://www.livingwithbugs.com/unknown_bug_bites.html for a list of insects and mites that bite people but please consider the possibility that this reaction is not caused by a bug bite. If the couch is new or has been treated or cleaned recently I'd suspect a contact allergy.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis