Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Identification of larvae

I found many of this larvae in a pound. They stay immobile until water is moved, in vertical position with the head to the top. They are 3mm long and appear to have a head with two antennas (or tusk). Once extracted from water larvae start to move like video show. I searched in internet but i find nothing. Someone know what type of larvae is it? Thank you. P.s. may be some type of midge...

I think this is a pupa rather than a larva, I can see wing veins under the pupal skin in part of the video. I agree it is an aquatic insect, likely a primitive fly like a midge. You might want to submit the video to as someone there might be able to id further.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions in any area of entomology (study of insects, spiders, mites, ticks, and other terrestrial arthropods). Contact me about home and garden insects, insects that bite and sting, and insects that damage homes such as carpenter ants and termites.

20 years as university extension entomologist, now retired; currently publish a website about home and garden insects.

Ph.D. in Entomology