Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Please identify this spider...

Unknown spider
Unknown spider  
We found this dead spider in our pool. Thank God it's dead!! But I have no idea what it is and if this is a dangerous spider. Not sure if this helps but we have lots of black widows in our neighborhood. Thank you!

Hi Georgie
I see at least eight legs here which means that there are either two spiders here or this spider in the process of shedding its skin and then drowned. I cannot tell you the species from this photo but I can asure that this spider was not dangerous to anyone. It is certainly not a Black Widow

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz

I can answer any questions about insects and spiders.

I have taught science for over 57 years. I am presently teaching biology at the college level. I have done extensive graduate work in entomology.

Momentum Magazine The Ohio Journal of Science

B.S. In Ed Kent State Unuv M.Sc The Ohio State Univ National Science Foundation Fellowships: Electron Microscopy Univ of California Entomology Kent State Univ