Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Weird eggs that hatched on my lamp

Question
Eggs on lamp
Eggs on lamp  
Hello thank you and advance for taking the time to look over my question. Last night when I went to turn on my lamp I noticed a cluster of blackish gray  tiny eggs on my lampshade on the outside. I left them alone curious to see what would happen. This morning when I woke up I ran downstairs as if it was Christmas morning to see if there were any changes. I was surprised and shocked to see that they had hatched and were hanging in strings  with a worm like thing attached. The debris on the lamp is where the eggs were.
 They are white to clear except for a black dot which I would assume was the head. I live in a suburb of Dallas Texas in the US.

Answer
Dear Bernadette - This appears to be the result of a normally 'outdoors' moth having accidentally gained entry to your home and that needed to lay her eggs somewhere. This is not an infrequent occurrence, and often results in concern/puzzlement on the part of the home's occupants. As there is nothing in the home on which they normally feed, the young caterpillars soon will die of starvation.
Hope this helps,
SAugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad