Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Bugs in my house

On the roof
On the roof  

Bug size
Bug size  
Hi Jack, can you please help me identify this bug I found at home? I'm in Melbourne, Australia.photo attached shows size compared to my thumbnail. There were two sitting on the roof of my room late at night. It seems to have a single, long antenna out the front.

Looks like a weevil but I can't see it clearly enough to be certain. There are many weevils that infest stored grains such as the rice weevil, I suspect it is one of these "stored product" weevils. Check any stored grains you have. Also, seeds such as beans and corn are sometimes used to stuff "bean bag" toys so check these as well.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions in any area of entomology (study of insects, spiders, mites, ticks, and other terrestrial arthropods). Contact me about home and garden insects, insects that bite and sting, and insects that damage homes such as carpenter ants and termites.

20 years as university extension entomologist, now retired; currently publish a website about home and garden insects.

see www.livingwithbugs.com/resume.html

Ph.D. in Entomology