Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Very small white insect - tropical region.

Question
WHITE INSECT
WHITE INSECT  
Hi Jack, - please would you take a look at the attached image and let me know if you can identify it for me. I'd be most grateful if you are able to do this. I spotted this little creature when I was cleaning a teak wood piece of furniture at my home in south Thailand. We live in a small village called Ban Bothong near to the coast. The insect, if that's what it is was about 8 mm tall and appeared to be walking quite quickly for its tiny size. I've never seen anything like this before. Many thanks,
Kind regards,
Brian.

Answer
Brian,

This is a moth belonging to a large assemblage of so-called "microlepidoptera", possibly one of the plume moths (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pterophoridae). However, I am not an expert in this group nor am I an an expert in Thailand insects so take this with a grain of salt! Eric Eaton in this section is better at "leps" and tropical insects than I.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis