Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Tiny Black Bugs

Question
Tiny Black Bug
Tiny Black Bug  
Over the past couple of days, I've found a ton of these tiny black bugs all over the walls and carpet of my apartment. I live on the second floor and have never had a problem with bugs before. We do have some plants in the window sill, but they are not new and were planted with Nature's Care Organic Potting Soil. Do you have any idea what they are/how they got here/how to get rid of them? Thank you in advance!

Answer
Caitlin,

This is a weevil, specifically a seed or grain weevil. There are many species that infest seeds and grains used for food such as rice weevils and grain weevils. You probably have a container of seed/grain that is infested. Try to locate the infested source and dispose of it. Seeds are also used to stuff "bean bags" so check these as well.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis