Entomology (Study of Bugs)/tiny hard black/yellow bug

black bug
black bug  

black bug
black bug  
Found this bug while on sitting on the couch. Not sure if it came of clothing that was in the bedroom or just off the couch. It is very small hard shell black with yellow spots around issue of shell. It walks and jumps. It has a rounded back. Can see legs if it's upside down.

Thank you for including the images, but even "zooming in" I cannot make out enough details to reach any conclusion on its identity.

I strongly suspect it is probably a carpet beetle, as easily 75-80% of the questions I get are about those beetles.  Here are links to a couple of blog posts I did on them:

Your particular specimen may be worn, as the beetles are covered in pale scales that wear off rather easily over time.

If you still have the specimen, try taking more images on a white background, with better lighting, and then sending me a follow-up question.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.