Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Bugs in my bed

Question
Bug 1
Bug 1  

Bug 2
Bug 2  
In the past month, I have found four bugs in my bed. Two looking like the first image and two looking like the second. The first bug was probably around 3-4 millimeters big with a coppery color. The second bug was a little bigger at about 5 millimeters (though the second one I found had to be only around one millimeter but they looked very similar.) It was dark brown/black with lighter spots and had wings under a hard exoskeleton. Also, I had bumps of what I could only think were bug bites located on my neck and back. They looked very similar to mosquito bites though they did not itch and they were there for around 2 weeks. I am located in Columbus, Ohio. Thank you.

Answer
Dear Ellyce:

Well, crap.  That actually *is* a bed bug.

Here is a link to a blog post I did about bed bugs that offers basic advice:

http://bugeric.blogspot.com/2014/04/a-bed-bug-primer.html

That post also includes links to other helpful resources.  Best wishes for a successful outcome to this.  Remember to protect your rights in cases like this (you may need legal help to fight liability if you are in a rental residence).

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton