Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Little bugs in my room

For the past month or so I have had a feeling something was crawling on me however saw nothing. No bites or anything. Finally I saw something crawling on my blanket. I've washed all sheets blankets and pillows just in case. However they are still here. Not a lot 1 or two here or there. I finally took a picture I hope this is a good enough shot for you to determine what it is.
Thank you

Hi Mike,

The photo is of a carpet beetle. They don't bite and are pretty harmless. The only concern is that the larvae eat animal products such as wool, feathers, etc. and can ruin items made of these materials in your home. You can often eliminate the problem by vacuuming/picking up the larvae and disposing of them. This is what the larvae look like:

Thanks for the clear photo and the question!

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jessica Mellinger

I can answer questions about invertebrates native to California, including insects commonly found in homes. If you have an identification request, please attach a photo to your question.

I was involved in collection and identification of invertebrates for the United States Geological Survey, Biological Resources Division for six years. Also, I provided these same services intermittently for the UC Davis John Muir Institute of the Environment for many years. I have been a member of since 2009.

Department of the Interior: United States Geological Survey, Davis Field Station; University of California, Davis Aggie Alumni Association; UC Davis Center for Neuroscience; U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs

I have two B.A.'s from the University of California, Davis and two Associate's degrees from Sacramento City College.

Special Thanks for Achieving Results award from the Department of the Interior