Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Old bugs

Can you please help me. I am looking for an insect(one that lived around 1100BC) that carried blood that could infect someone, the insect needs to be alive today. I thought of mosquitos but want another type not so common.

thank you for your time, Judy

Hi Judy
Insects have been around for at least 60 million years. I can think of a number that transmit disease through bites;  The Kissing Bug , of the Genus Reduvidae which spreads Chagas Disease. The common rat Flea which helped spread the Black Plague  The Rocky mounted spotted fever tick   The Tsetsi fly that causes African Sleeping sickness
All of these are still a danger today although the Plague is rare

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz

I can answer any questions about insects and spiders.

I have taught science for over 57 years. I am presently teaching biology at the college level. I have done extensive graduate work in entomology.

Momentum Magazine The Ohio Journal of Science

B.S. In Ed Kent State Unuv M.Sc The Ohio State Univ National Science Foundation Fellowships: Electron Microscopy Univ of California Entomology Kent State Univ