Entomology (Study of Bugs)/can you tell me what this bug is

Question
bug
bug  
I recently been finding these bugs in mt bed and on my drapes in my room when i smash them they have a disgusting smell. Ive only found a couple so far so my mother is convinced is not bed bugs but i think they look similar. If you could identity it i would appreciate it.

Answer
Dear Tyra:

Well, crap.  That actually *is* a bed bug.

Here is a link to a blog post I did about bed bugs that offers basic advice:

http://bugeric.blogspot.com/2014/04/a-bed-bug-primer.html

That post also includes links to other helpful resources.  Best wishes for a successful outcome to this.  Remember to protect your rights in cases like this (you may need legal help to fight liability if you are in a rental residence).

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton