Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Insect

Hi,I have some questions in regards to a insect, I don't know if it's a moth, that I found yesterday (Tuesday, 04/19/2016) it looks like it's injured from its right wings. I've been feeding it. I found some information online that it said to put 1 teaspoon of sugar and mix it with 1 cup of water, which I feed today. But, yesterday I didn't know what to do so I mixed a different amount. I dipped some cotton balls in the mixed water and put them in the cardboard box that I put it in. It looked like it was drinking it yesterday and today. It looks like it's more active today. But, I don't know what I should do, if you can please give me some advice. I tried to upload some photos but I'm not sure how to do that on here and the only internet that I have is on my cell phone. Thank you.

Hi Norma
You can send me photos by sending me an email (waltjh@sbcglobal.net) and including the photo as an attachment. I do not know how it is done on Allexperts.
As far as your insect is concerned if it is a moth or butterfly you should know that they  spend most of their life span in the caterpillar stage and that as adults they only live a week or so.  If your specimen has recovered and can fly you should release it so it can mate. If it can't fly there is not much more that you can do.
 I must say that your concern for this insect is admirable. Most people would not take any time trying to help out  an insect.. As a biologist I wish there were more people like you
 Please try to upload  photos

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz

I can answer any questions about insects and spiders.

I have taught science for over 57 years. I am presently teaching biology at the college level. I have done extensive graduate work in entomology.

Momentum Magazine The Ohio Journal of Science

B.S. In Ed Kent State Unuv M.Sc The Ohio State Univ National Science Foundation Fellowships: Electron Microscopy Univ of California Entomology Kent State Univ