Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Insect identification please

Question
Insect
Insect  

Size comparison
Size comparison  
Hello there! A friend of mine posted these 2 pictures after she found this insect in her home. I'm usually pretty good with identifying but this one has me stumped. Could you please help?
It was found in her home in the country south of Edmonton Alberta.

Answer
Dear Jessica - This appears to be a wingless female moth, but not of a species that I am familiar with. There are several species in the families Geometridae and lymantriidae where the females are wingless and only the males have wings. For examples, see the spring and fall cankerworms.

Hope this helps,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad