Entomology (Study of Bugs)/What Kind of Bug is this?

Question
Bug
Bug  
Hi There,
I've found a couple of these bugs in my office and was wondering what they are? They are very small, like the size of a little black ant. Thank you!

Answer
Dear Alyssa - This looks like one of the silvanid grain beetles in the genus Oryzaephilus, either a saw-toothed grain beetle (O. surinamensis) or a merchant grain beetle (O. mercator). These beetles will infest a variety of dry stored food products such as flour, baking mixes, dry cereals, nut meats, dried fruit, etc. See <http://tinyurl.com/oyejdhx> for more detailed information, including control recommendations.

Hope this helps,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad