Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Tiny, tiny black bugs

I have these mystery bugs in my house - they're mostly in 2 bathrooms.  I find them on the bathroom floor & tub.  I've also found them randomly in other rooms of the house - usually crawling up the wall
Here are some characteristics:

- dark brown/black in color
- 6 legs, 2 small antennae
-2 section body
- they do not have wings
- they do not hop
- they move very, very, very slowly
- they are extremely easy to kill
- they are oval shaped and their heads come to a point, but that could be the antennae.
- about the size of this zero: 0, they are only a little larger than a flea.

Thank you for your assistance.

I'm sorry, but your description fits literally hundreds, if not thousands, of potential suspects.

Without seeing a specimen, or at least a clear image, I cannot be of help to you.

You may want to take intact specimens to a local entomologist at a university (U of Florida has an outstanding entomology department), natural history museum, state department of agriculture office, or even the public health department (vector control division will have at least one staff entomologist).  He or she can then put the critters under a microscope and render an informed verdict on their identity.

I am a bit puzzled that the e-mail notification of this question came to me via About.com instead of AllExperts.com.  That is one reason it took so long to answer you.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for AllExperts.com, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.