Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Tiny, tiny black bugs

Question
I have these mystery bugs in my house - they're mostly in 2 bathrooms.  I find them on the bathroom floor & tub.  I've also found them randomly in other rooms of the house - usually crawling up the wall
.
Here are some characteristics:

- dark brown/black in color
- 6 legs, 2 small antennae
-2 section body
- they do not have wings
- they do not hop
- they move very, very, very slowly
- they are extremely easy to kill
- they are oval shaped and their heads come to a point, but that could be the antennae.
- about the size of this zero: 0, they are only a little larger than a flea.

Thank you for your assistance.

Answer
Patti:

I'm sorry, but your description fits literally hundreds, if not thousands, of potential suspects.

Without seeing a specimen, or at least a clear image, I cannot be of help to you.

You may want to take intact specimens to a local entomologist at a university (U of Florida has an outstanding entomology department), natural history museum, state department of agriculture office, or even the public health department (vector control division will have at least one staff entomologist).  He or she can then put the critters under a microscope and render an informed verdict on their identity.

I am a bit puzzled that the e-mail notification of this question came to me via About.com instead of AllExperts.com.  That is one reason it took so long to answer you.

Sincerely,

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton