Entomology (Study of Bugs)/What is this??

Question
Bug
Bug  
Hello!
I've been trying to figure out what this bug is for the longest time. My husband and I usually find them on our bed once or twice a week. We havent gotten bitten or anything but we want to get rid of them! We thought they were a type of flea since we have 2 dogs but the dogs were checked out. What are they and how do we get rid of it??

Answer
Cassandra,

This is called a carpet beetle, see http://www.livingwithbugs.com/carpet_beetle.html for more pictures and control information. Nowadays these beetles often infest stored food, including dry pet food, so that's the place to start looking. They are completely harmless but can become a nuisance if the infestation gets too large.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis