Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Mystery bug id

Question
Insect identification
Insect identification  
Good day. I live in Senegal, west Africa,I work with wild animals but my knowledge in entomology is very limited. I struggle to find documentation on this part of the continent. There is a lot of work published on southern africa but I havent found one on west africa. I am looking for somebody who would be kind enough to help identify some of the most common species of this area. Please let me know if you can help or refer me to somebody that perhaps could. Attached is a picture of one of the first ones I would love to id. It was found in a pile of wood. Many thanks!

Answer
Dear Chris - I sympathize, as it also has been my experience that looking for entomological literature (and especially anything recent) from West Africa usually is an exercise in futility. Also, I am not personally acquainted with anyone with expertise in that part of the world. That aside, I would be willing to look at some of your specimens to see if I could at least steer you in the right direction. The specimen in your image here appears to be a true bug of some kind (the wing venation that I can see resembles that of bugs in the family Coreidae) that has been attacked by a fungus. Was it moving at all when you found it?
Sorry not to be of more immediate assistance,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad