Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Pantry pest

I brought home a box of milk ones and I now have these tiny scale like bugs in my pantry and surrounding areas...maybe the dermisted beetle?  How can I lure and trap them?  Elimination! Is my goal.

Hi Gina
Without a photo I cannot tell you what kind of a pantry pest you have. There are several kinds of Dermistids and other beetles. I assume they came with the milk bones and I also assume you have discarded the box. It appears they are now breeding in some other dried foods. First empty your cupboards and check all opened dried foods and all pet foods. Wipe the shelves and spray the cricks with a pyrethrin based spray or diatomaceous earth or  boric acid powder.
If you send e a photo I may be able to tell you more

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz

I can answer any questions about insects and spiders.

I have taught science for over 57 years. I am presently teaching biology at the college level. I have done extensive graduate work in entomology.

Momentum Magazine The Ohio Journal of Science

B.S. In Ed Kent State Unuv M.Sc The Ohio State Univ National Science Foundation Fellowships: Electron Microscopy Univ of California Entomology Kent State Univ