Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Syspira Tucson Mts

I saw on a website of yours mention of spiders of the genus Syspira...I looked at a spider under my scope and decided it was of this genus. In your blog you mentioned the fotos were from Tucson Mts, where mine was from...do you know which species? I don't have good access to scientific lit now that I am retired.

Nobody appears to know which species are which, and the consensus is that a revision of the genus is overdue.

You may want to contact Jillian Cowles in Arizona.  She is currently what I would consider the foremost authority on spiders of Arizona.  Dr. Sandra Brantley at University of New Mexico might be another resource:

Sorry I cannot be more helpful.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for AllExperts.com, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.