Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Syspira Tucson Mts

Question
I saw on a website of yours mention of spiders of the genus Syspira...I looked at a spider under my scope and decided it was of this genus. In your blog you mentioned the fotos were from Tucson Mts, where mine was from...do you know which species? I don't have good access to scientific lit now that I am retired.

Answer
Larry:

Nobody appears to know which species are which, and the consensus is that a revision of the genus is overdue.

You may want to contact Jillian Cowles in Arizona.  She is currently what I would consider the foremost authority on spiders of Arizona.  Dr. Sandra Brantley at University of New Mexico might be another resource:

http://msb.unm.edu/divisions/arthropods/people/index.html

Sorry I cannot be more helpful.

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton