Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Bug ID

Question
Bug
Bug  

Bug 2
Bug 2  
This bug was flying around my room last night. I live in the Midwest of the US. I've tried searching it online but found nothing similar. Could you please help me identify this bug? It seems to have faint stripes ( don't know if you'll see them in the pics). Thank you in advance.

Answer
Lisa,

This is a beetle, one of the longhorn borers (Cerambycidae), possible a locust borer (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megacyllene_robiniae) or related species. I can't see enough detail to id beyond the general group. They are completely harmless.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis