Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Bugs found dead inside back door

Brown bug?
Brown bug?  
I found these 2 bugs dead right inside my back door. We had just sprayed the perimeter of our house because we live in the country in the middle of a field & would be overtaken by bugs & spiders if we didn't. I also keep ant & roach baits around my house. Whatever these bugs got in to it did kill them but I was just wondering if u could tell me what kind of bug they are. I have become a little obsessed with bugs lately! Lol!

Hi Jen
From the shape and size these appear to be Shiny Flower Beetles (Family Phalachridae) They were most likely driven into the house by the spraying and died. Spraying insects out side the house is a waste of time and money and a poor environmental practice. To kept them out you will have to find out how they get in. These beetles are nit the kind that enter houses

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz

I can answer any questions about insects and spiders.

I have taught science for over 57 years. I am presently teaching biology at the college level. I have done extensive graduate work in entomology.

Momentum Magazine The Ohio Journal of Science

B.S. In Ed Kent State Unuv M.Sc The Ohio State Univ National Science Foundation Fellowships: Electron Microscopy Univ of California Entomology Kent State Univ