Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Came home from Vacation to find my house full of these.

Strange bugs
Strange bugs  

Up close
Up close  
I live in Boise Idaho. Went to Vegas and came home and these little bugs were all over my wall. Just wondering if you could help me out so I could figure out how to get rid of them and keep them out. Thank you.

Thanks for including the images with your question.

The insects are nymphs (juveniles, immatures, "babies") of some kind of seed bug in the order Hemiptera, suborder Heteroptera.  It is almost impossible to identify nymphs more specifically, especially without an actual specimen to put under the microscope.

These insects are usually at most a nuisance, not a true pest; and, I do not give out pest control advice in any case.  I suggest you use any ".edu" website for "seed bug."  Idaho State University extension service should have an online fact sheet on this kind of insect, in fact.

This might even be the critter right here:

Hope this helps.  Thank you for your query.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.