Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Mites

Question
What is the best way(s) to get rid of biting Mites in my apartment? They tend to lay a lot of eggs and have spread; they are even in my hair which they seem to like to be. I've had an exterminator to spray but they will die down but not totally gone. This has seem to be an issue on online blogs and no one has a good solutions against the mites. I have no animals in my home and not sure how they came in. The only thoughts of acquiring these relentless mites, perhaps from a hotel room, a friends house, or potted plant that was given to me (Ivy Plant). This has been going on almost 3 months. How do I rid myself of these little demons? Thank you!

Answer
Dear Margaret - About the only things that I can suggest are that you (1) Check your premises (including immediately adjacent outdoor areas) thoroughly for any bird or rodent nests and dispose of any such found; bird and rodent mites often will become pests when their normal hosts leave. (2) Check your food storage areas for signs of mite infestation of flour/baking mixes, especially if high humidity is a problem, and dispose of anything found infested followed by a thorough cleaning of the storage area(s).
Sincerely,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad