Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Please identify

Question
House invader
House invader  

Same as first
Same as first  
Hi I hope you can help me , I am attaching a picture of something that is all over my porch and getting in my house as well. We can't seem to stop it. I have a guy who comes to spray and he couldn't tell me what is was and the spray is not helping. Getting desperate and would just like to know how to stop them. Thank you for your time, Chris

Answer
Chris,

This is a millipede. They live in leaf litter and are completely harmless. They sometimes accumulate around houses following heavy rains - they are essentially escaping high water. If you have had heavy rains lately the millipedes will return to their natural habitat once the area dries out.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis