Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Please identify this bug

Question
Bugs in bathroom
Bugs in bathroom  
I killed about 4 of these bugs in my bathroom tonight. One was on the baseboard,one was on the ceiling & the other two were crawling on the wall. I didn't see them all at one time but over the course of a couple hours. The bugs have antennaes and have light brown or tan bodies that get darker brown toward the bottom or end of their body. Can u tell me what kind of bug or beetle this is? Thanks!!

Answer
Hi, Jen:

Unfortunately, those are nymphs (immatures, juveniles, "babies") of some kind of cockroach.  Without thoroughly searching your home, I cannot tell you whether these are a domestic pest species or a native, normally outdoor-living species.  Generally speaking, though, the outdoor roaches do not deposit egg pods indoors.

Should you seek a pest control operator, find one that does BAITING for roaches, NOT spraying.  Baits are far more effective, and longer lasting, but it takes a little time before you see initial results.  Baits are also generally less toxic to people and pets, though not always.  Make sure you ask for a fact sheet about whatever kind of toxin is used, and understand what precautions you need to take.

Wish I had better news.  Best wishes for solving the situation.

Sincerely,

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton