Entomology (Study of Bugs)/What is this brown, leaf shaped bug?

Question
Image 1
Image 1  

Image 2
Image 2  
Hi Jessica,
About 7 weeks ago, I came up in big red welts on my skin. A week later the same thing happened and this time there were what looked like 2 groups of bites in a row on opposite sides of my torso. Suspecting bedbugs, I sprayed my bedroom, encased my mattress etc. We then went on vacation for 2 weeks ( no bites). We returned on Sunday, Monday mornings I found some dead bugs on the bed. I only had one bite and other family members none ( they didnt before either). I got in a pest control guy who suspected the bugs were carpet beetles. We've since slept in another rooms and I havent been bitten.Then this morning I walked into the 'infected' room and saw a bug I didnt recognise on the wall. Do you know what it is? Also, do you think the other bugs look like carpet beetles?
Best, Rosita

Answer
Hi Rosita,

I am sorry about what you have been through, and would like to help you. It does sound like some insect has been biting you, but carpet beetles don't bite, so it is important that we identify those two insects so that you can understand what is causing your discomfort. Unfortunately, both photos are very blurry and I can't see any detail (legs, segments, any markings, etc...) Is there any way that you can take a couple more photos with better focus? It is OK if the bugs are very small in the photos-- just try to make sure the images are clear. I will do my best to help you, but I need photos to make an identification and I can't get any information from the photos you attached. I really want to help, so please try to send some new photos. Good luck!

Best,
Jessica

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jessica Mellinger