Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Hi My cats were playing with this... bug?

Can you please help me to identify it? I live in The south of Portugal - Algarve.
It was about 2 cm long. And it appeared at night.
After taking this photos i did put him away from the kittens, away from my home, so he can continue his life, and i continue mine.
He didn't seemed aggressive, but it's quite strange :)

Thank you for including the image with your question, makes things much easier....

The creature is a "solifuge," also known as a "camel spider," "windscorpion," or "sun spider."  They are arachnids, predatory, but non-venomous.  Here is an article I wrote about these.  Though it pertains mostly to the USA, the biology and facts apply to all the Solifugae:

So, no worries, this is not an animal that can pose any health threat.  In fact, it is free pest control on your property, killing insects and other arachnids that you would probably prefer not to have around.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.