Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Hi My cats were playing with this... bug?

Question
Bug
Bug  
Can you please help me to identify it? I live in The south of Portugal - Algarve.
It was about 2 cm long. And it appeared at night.
After taking this photos i did put him away from the kittens, away from my home, so he can continue his life, and i continue mine.
He didn't seemed aggressive, but it's quite strange :)

Answer
Jose:

Thank you for including the image with your question, makes things much easier....

The creature is a "solifuge," also known as a "camel spider," "windscorpion," or "sun spider."  They are arachnids, predatory, but non-venomous.  Here is an article I wrote about these.  Though it pertains mostly to the USA, the biology and facts apply to all the Solifugae:

http://www.desertusa.com/insects/solpugids.html

So, no worries, this is not an animal that can pose any health threat.  In fact, it is free pest control on your property, killing insects and other arachnids that you would probably prefer not to have around.

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton