Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Spider identification

Question
My house is in Las Vegas NV, the spider crawled from my curtains to my hand while i was opening them.  It's between the size of a nickel and dime.  This happened in summer time July 12.  It was in the middle of the day about noon.  He is mostly brown but on his butt he has a white pattern (hard to describe without a magnifying glass) his joints are a darker brown and he has what looks like black eyes.  I have him captured was hoping you could help as I have a little girl and want to make sure it's not a recluse.  Thanks.

Answer
Mike:

Without at least an image of the creature, or better yet a specimen, I cannot tell you what kind of spider it was, except.....

Given your geographic location, it was NOT a brown recluse.  There is one other member of the genus Loxosceles in Las Vegas, but it does not match your description.  See here:

http://bugguide.net/node/view/424372

Recluse spiders are just that:  reclusive.  They are seldom out wandering during the day, certainly, and more likely to be found in parts of buildings that are rarely disturbed by human traffic.

Sincerely,

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton