Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Spider Identification please

Question
Large SC spider
Large SC spider  
This LARGE spider came out of a mound of dirt and trash we were digging in.  This is in Chapin, SC.  The spider is about the size of my closed fist.  Due to this I originally declared it a Wolf spider, but once I referenced images of that species I changed my mind.  She was fast, too, but did not jump the way jumping spiders often do.

Answer
Tonya:

That is a "Rabid Wolf Spider," Rabidosa rabida .  Not dangerous in any way, but just simply has an inappropriate name.

http://bugguide.net/node/view/26084

I can tell you this:  When one is being pursued by a spider wasp, it can most definitely jump!

Cheers,

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton