Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Spider Identification please

Large SC spider
Large SC spider  
This LARGE spider came out of a mound of dirt and trash we were digging in.  This is in Chapin, SC.  The spider is about the size of my closed fist.  Due to this I originally declared it a Wolf spider, but once I referenced images of that species I changed my mind.  She was fast, too, but did not jump the way jumping spiders often do.

That is a "Rabid Wolf Spider," Rabidosa rabida .  Not dangerous in any way, but just simply has an inappropriate name.

I can tell you this:  When one is being pursued by a spider wasp, it can most definitely jump!

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.