Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Can u identify this bug?

Sorry,I didn't get a picture,I was too terrified ar the time. I thought it was a roach but it doesnt look like any I've ever seen.
And it was on me! I dont know if it climbed or flew or jumped. I didnt see it (until it was on my shoulder)
Anway, it was small, approximately the size of my pinky fingernail, kind of square, and a light to medium brown color.
I am so paranoid, I cant sleep @ nite. I live in Florida.m

I'm sorry but without a photo I can't give you an accurate id. However, I can say that there are very few insects that pose any sort threat to people and this does not sound like any of those few. I'd say try to relax and if you see another try to get a photo. Hope this helps.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions in any area of entomology (study of insects, spiders, mites, ticks, and other terrestrial arthropods). Contact me about home and garden insects, insects that bite and sting, and insects that damage homes such as carpenter ants and termites.

20 years as university extension entomologist, now retired; currently publish a website about home and garden insects.

Ph.D. in Entomology