Entomology (Study of Bugs)/What is this????

What is this bug???
What is this bug???  
QUESTION: Recently these bugs started to show up in my bedroom at night... The fly , and almost attack me because i am reading on my iPad- so I guess they are attracted to light.... Help :-(

ANSWER: Karen:

All I can tell from the image is that it is some kind of beetle.  Few beetles pose any threat to you, other family members, your pets, or property, and this is certainly not one of those.

You are correct that many beetles are attracted to lights at night.

QUESTION: Indeed they Don't bite , or sting , but it's just creepy and i hardly slept knowing these winged bugs can fly on me at night.... Any natural non chemical or toxic way to get rid of them ?
Thanks for your response....

No need for any kind of "control."  Close the window.  Repair worn weatherstripping around doors, mend holes in windowscreens....if you think this beetle is something infesting food or something, check the pantry and simply discard any infested item(s).

I don't usually offer "pest control" advice to ANYONE, so I am not singling you out.  My whole goal in this exercise of service is to get people to change their attitudes, not look for a "product" fix.  Thank you for understanding that philosophy.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for AllExperts.com, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.