Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Bug bites

Question
My Grand daughter has bites on her back and I have not seen any Mosquitos. I am told that there is a tiny bug that bites like a mosquito and is more common after the Cicadas have come and gone because they feed on Cicadas. Is this true, and if so, what is the name of the bug that feeds on Cicadas?

Answer
Hi Kathie
It is interesting that I just read an article about an hour ago about a small microscopic mite called the Oak Itch mite. This is the first time I have ever herd of them.
The live on the leaves in oak trees and drop onto upper bodies and bite. And it is true that they do attack cicadas. Use an anti itch crème on her back and be sure she keeps her upper body covered when under trees
Google Oak Itch mite to see more

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz