Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Bugs in sink and on walls

Bug in sink
Bug in sink  
I have found these very tiny relish brown bugs in all of our bathrooms and on the walls and Windows of our newly constructed home. We live on a farm in ohio and I'm not sure if they are a type of beetle or if I should call pest control. Found a few a month ago and thought I gothink them all but now they are everywhere I look.

This is a beetle, probably either the drugstore beetle or cigarette beetle (see for photos). These beetles infest a wide variety of food products and well as natural fibers. The best option is to search for and dispose of the source, likely some type of food including dry pet food. See the page cited above for more suggestions. There's no need for PCO service for this beetle.

Jack DeAngelis  

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions in any area of entomology (study of insects, spiders, mites, ticks, and other terrestrial arthropods). Contact me about home and garden insects, insects that bite and sting, and insects that damage homes such as carpenter ants and termites.

20 years as university extension entomologist, now retired; currently publish a website about home and garden insects.

Ph.D. in Entomology