Entomology (Study of Bugs)/carpet beetles

Question
can carpet beetles lay eggs inside stuffed animals and if so what should i do to make sure that they aren't my daughter isn't exposed to them.  i found 2 in her room.  i started vacuuming her room every day and we have central air.  how do i know that they are not in her vents?  also, if there are clothes in her closet and her draws should i be worried?

Answer
Jackie,

Carpet beetles feed on natural fibers like wool or silk and stored foods, see http://www.livingwithbugs.com/carpet_beetle.html. It is unlikely that they would be inside a stuffed toy unless it is stuffed with natural fibers. They won't damage clothes unless there's a lot of them. See the page cited above for more suggestions. Finding a few of these beetles is very common and no reason for concern.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis