Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Can you identify this bug?

Reddish brown bug
Reddish brown bug  

Small reddish brown bug
Small reddish brown bu  
We recently built a new house about a year ago on old farm field I came across a few of these bugs in my bathroom after showering, found one on my sons mattress, Found a few in the bathtub later that same day, and found two this morning crawling by the front door on the floor.  I live in Minnesota! I Have never seen these before however, I have now found approximately 15 in two days. I have a picture of a few attached. I hope you're able to help and thank you for your time !

Hi M
It is difficult to be sure because I cannot see much detail but this looks very much like a Hairy Fungus Beetle (Genus Typhaea) You would find them around farms and fields where they feed on grains. They will however invade a house. Check your cupboards and any dried foods you may have stored. On the other hand these may just be  transients.
Let me know if you find more.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz

I can answer any questions about insects and spiders.

I have taught science for over 57 years. I am presently teaching biology at the college level. I have done extensive graduate work in entomology.

Momentum Magazine The Ohio Journal of Science

B.S. In Ed Kent State Unuv M.Sc The Ohio State Univ National Science Foundation Fellowships: Electron Microscopy Univ of California Entomology Kent State Univ