Entomology (Study of Bugs)/2 bugs I need to identify

Question
AthensGR_2016Sep09
AthensGR_2016Sep09  
Location: Greece, Athens, 3759'37.9"N 2339'42.0"E
Bug1: I find often many of them dead on the floor at the stairway outside my door or at my veranda. They are about 3mm long. See "Bug1" in the photo (it is upside down).
Bug2: it surely is a mosquito, same size but more dark/black than the usuals here. I took the photo right after it bit me and I killed it (that's why "Bug2" is a little meshed up). The bite soon enough caused great itch and a red protuberance greater than the usual mosquito bites, and you could obviously feel the hot skin temperature when you touch it.
Thank you a lot in advance!

Answer
Kelly:

Bug 1 appears to be a "four beetle" in the genus Tribolium .  You should check your pantry for infested products.

http://www.the-piedpiper.co.uk/th7a.htm

http://keys.lucidcentral.org/keys/v3/eafrinet/maize_pests/key/maize_pests/Media/(Herbst_1797)_-_Red_Flour_Beetle.htm

Yes, "Bug 2" is a mosquito, but I am NOT an authority on the North American ones, let alone overseas.

I hope you recover quickly from the bite!

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton