Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Bug identification

Question
Pic1
Pic1  

Pic2
Pic2  
Good morning!

I was driving to work this morning and saw this bug crawling on me. My landlord has a garden with tall flowers that go over the walk path. I'm hoping this is some kind of insect garden and not a bed bug. Thanks for your help!

Answer
Julie,

This is not a bed bug, see http://www.livingwithbugs.com/bed_bug.html for comparison. It is a bit small to be certain but it looks like an immature stink bug. I think your suspicion about this being a garden insect is correct. It likely dropped from the flowers along the path.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis