Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Eggs

I have a pile about two by two inches wide of pinn head size brown and white egg like things that are in the same and only area. Under a window by a baseboard. They appear a few times a year. I can't find anything on these mysterious. What do you think this is?

Really hard to tell what is in the image, but here is what I think is going on....

I think this is actually a pile of sawdust (and associated paint flakes?) resulting from the emergence of deathwatch beetles from your baseboards.

Wood-boring insects are sometimes trapped in milled lumber and then finish their life cycle and emerge unexpectedly, sometimes years or even decades later.  Deathwatch beetles (Ptinidae:  Anobiinae, or Anobiidae, depending on what authority you consult) are among them.

They won't re-infest, but you'll have to fill the holes and re-paint.  Rarely do they do enough damage to weaken any structure.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for AllExperts.com, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.