Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Do you know the bug?

Found this dead bug underneath my dresser while cleaning. Have had a pest problem lately with multiple different bugs. Any idea what this bug is?

The insect in the image is a cockroach, probably a nymph (juvenile, immature, "baby").

Cockroaches are best treated with BAITS rather than sprays.  Should you do it yourself, employ such products by following the instructions TO THE LETTER!  Misapplication of any pest control product can result in injury to yourself, others, pets, and property.

Should you choose to use professionals, find one who baits for roaches.

You may want to inspect your premises for more roaches before deciding you have an "infestation."  Turning on the lights after half an hour or so of darkness may give you a hint as to the population size, or lack thereof.  You might have simply brought home one roach from work or something.

Good luck.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for AllExperts.com, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.