Environmental Engineering/The use of Biofuels as a source of future energy.

Question
Hi Mr Zubedi,
I am a student in grade 12 currently studying in Australia. Currently, for my Society and Culture studies, I am doing an investigation into whether “Biofuels are a viable source of energy for Australia” and I was wondering what your thoughts were on the production and use of biofuels. Do you think that the disadvantages of Biofuels outweigh the advantages of it and whether producing Biofuels requires more energy than Biofuels produce. I would also like to know what your own personal opinion is on Biofuels and whether they are, or will become a viable source of energy in the future.
Thank you,
Vivek

Answer
Hello Vivek,
I am not acquainted with the energy mix of Australia and what sources of biofuels are available in your area. But I can tell you that biofuels are here to stay. They may be used directly or blended with fossil fuels or a mix of alternate renewable energy and biofuels will be used in future. It is happening now also!

At this time, one can easily say that the production of biofuels required more energy than the energy it produces because we are using high value fuels for its production but that equation is going to change soon owing to we consultants making production facilities more energy efficient, depletion of fossil fuels, more controlled coal production techniques etc.

Hope this helps. Your discussion about this topic is very vast and please share a copy of your research with me!

Best of Luck
Tufail
info@spmcpk.com

Environmental Engineering

Tufail Ali Zubedi