Environmental Science/environment

we stored 5000 litre of fresh water in a fibre tank 4 months ago.
we are facing shortage of water for daily using.what is the time limit of stored water foe use?can we use this next 3-4 months?can we use this as drinking water?is there any expiry on water?
pls reply me

If you chlorinate the water before you drink it you will be fine. I would also recommend that you consider filtering it. Chlorine levels should be about 0.5 mg/l(ppm), and a commercial test kit used for swimming pools should be fine for testing. Sunlight can remove chlorine from water, so keep it in a dark place for storage, and keep it air tight. If you need help calculating the chlorine residual, let me know what type of chlorine you are planning to use, and I'll set the calculation levels for you.
You should also plan on filtering the water before you try to drink it.
I can recommend a filter as well if you need it.

Environmental Science

David L. Russell, PE

I`m a Chemical,Civil and Environmental Engineer and have a number of projects in all phases of the environment. I have worked in the chemical industry and am active in professional societies, and am currently on an industrial wastes committee for the Water Environment Federation, and have taught courses in remediation in the US and abroad. I have written one book on Remediation of petroleum Contaminated Sites, and have a second book on PRACTICAL WASTEWATER TREATMENT to be published by John Wiley in September, 2006. I've also written over 30 articles on various elements of environmental problems and cleanup. Most Recently, I have addressed a NATO Scientific and Techical Conference on Ecoterrorism, and have worked with the same group on remediation of sites contaminated with Chemical Warfare Agent materials and othe materials as well. . I can answer q`s about Chemical and Environmental Engineering, land development, air pollution, water pollution, soil and water cleanup, combustion, international environmental problems, industrial processes chemical processes. Civil and Environmental and Chemical Engineering. Overall, I have over 35 years of experience in this area. Note: I do not answer homework questions

I love work in the third world and developing areas because it is challenging and one can get a sense of accomplishment.