Environmental Science/Best Practices for Tackling Droughts.

Dear Fraser‎‎‎‎

Drought is an extended period of months or years when a region notes a deficiency in its water supply whether surface or underground water. Drought is when an area gets less than its normal amount rain over months or even years.

1. What are the Best practices for Tackling Droughts ?.

2. Difference between a Drought and Famine is Drought leads to Famines ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Please tell me a little about yourself and where your questions come from?  Where are you located?  Are these questions related to some educational pursuit?

With regards to drought - I am not sure there is anyway to tackle drought.  Certainly, the Earth is a closed system and in theory the water is just getting shifted around.  If the period of drought is extended such that an area of the planet becomes uninhabitable then we should see a migration to areas where the drought is not so bad.  Unfortunately, if the migration is not possible we will likely see people (and animals, etc) dying.

Certainly famine is a consequence of drought.

Environmental Science

Fraser Hamilton

I have over 12 years experience as an environmental consultant. I will answer questions related to the management and regulation of underground storage tanks (particulary with regards to removal and remediation), environmental site assessments and soil and groundwater assessments, investigation and remediation.