Environmental Science/ENVI SCIE

Question
Greetings sir! Iím a Freshman Environmental Science Student. I read a lot of factual information online about this career Iím about to enter but now, I would like to have a deeper understanding of the kind of life and work that an expert in this field has that I, might as well have in the future. So please grant me a chance of having an in-depth view of this career through an expertís perspective by answering the following questions. Your answer will be highly appreciated and will be a great inspiration to me who aspires a profession similar to yours.
1.   What do you usually do in the field of environmental science? Do you often have field researches or laboratory ones?Or other works, kindly elaborate.
2.   As an expert in environmental science, what are your projects, researches, jobs, or activities that helps in the improvement of the worsening statues of our environment? How great, big, or wide is the effects of those actions you are taking?
3.   In the field that you have chosen (specifically in environmental science), what are the difficulties and successes that you have encountered?
4.   What are the strategies, actions, or ways you employed to achieve and maintain your present stature or your achievements in your career? (may start when you are still a student until now that youíre already a professional)
5.   What are the experiences you had in the field of environmental science that you personally consider significant as and that you advice or would want young professionals to experience as well to grow as an expert in this field?
6.   This last question is quite stray from the others but as an environmental scientist who surely had a lot of experiences in experimentations and researches, I would like to know your views about animal experimentation or the use of laboratory animals in researches, do you favor this or not? Why or why not? For you, is it ethical or not?

Answer
Katya

There are a lot of questions here.  Let me summarize.  I found my way to the environmental consulting field kind of by accident.  I do a lot of work in the field, but not much real research.  Its mostly evaluating conditions and then assessing the risk to human health and the environment associated with those conditions.  My major accomplishments are the size of projects that I have managed, generally measured in dollars. I know I have not asked all your questions specifically, but I hope that I have helped a little bit.

As for animal research, I am not particulary opposed to it.  We kill animals to eat them...

Fraser

Environmental Science

Fraser Hamilton