Environmental Science/My Genius Hour Project

Question
Hello. I have a project in school in which I plan to make a website about the environment. Can you tell me any key information about your field which the general public should understand and read about?

Thanks,
Neha

Answer
Dear Neha

Thank you for your question.

I deal with rather a lot of things so what I have come up with are five themes which might help you with your work.

Key messages about pollution.

1)    Modern living causes pollution (eg travelling, making things and growing food)
2)   Pollution has a bigger affect on the most vulnerable people in society.
3)   The fact that the climate is changing due to the effect of humans (industrialisation etc)  has been proven beyond doubt.
4)   Pollution can affect  a variety of things including people, buildings and natural ecosystems.  
5)   In many cases the effects of pollution can be mitigated (fixed) so that the world can continue to develop and progress.

I hope this helps.

Environmental Science

A R Gibson