Environmental Science/Air Pollution

Question
What do you think are some plausible steps that the United States need to take in order to cut down air pollution?

Answer
The question is overly broad, and cannot be easily answered.  Do you mean, Carbon Emissions, Sulfur dioxide, particulate emissions, smog, aldehydes, or something else.
Please clarify you question -- but do not ask me about Carbon Dioxide emissions because my reply will generate an answer that you will find unacceptable if you are of a certain political persuasion and think that 97% consensus represents"settled science".

Environmental Science

David L. Russell, PE